The GLR equips leaders and churches in Illinois, Michigan and Wisconsin to carry out the Great Commission.
The Great Lakes Region of the Wesleyan Church is a diverse collection of churches in Illinois, Michigan and Wisconsin. Our churches are metropolitan, suburban, and small-town and rural, large, small and multi-campus, multi-ethnic, multi-socioeconomic and multi-generational, led by women and men who are united in our passion to reach lost people and see God unleash His redemptive power to transform lives and communities. We are driven by the principles of teamwork, transformation and unity in diversity.
Our focus is to reach the 22 million people in our region who do not have a relationship with Jesus Christ and introduce them to a life-transforming relationship with the God who is crazy in love with them. With a focus on life-transformation, we equip individuals, leaders, and churches to multiply what God has done in them to others. Through the multiplication of believers, leaders, and churches, we aim to see God’s Kingdom come and His will being done here as it is in heaven.
We strive to develop a culture in the Great Lakes Region where our efforts are:
- Contextualized to be culturally relevant and innovative for the communities we serve.
- Relational to prioritize people over programs, knowing that our goal is to encourage and serve our pastors and leaders.
- Anointed to prayerfully discern God’s will in community. Leadership really matters but we know it must be under the Holy Spirit’s direction and commit to cultivating rich, fruitful inner lives with Jesus.
- Healthy to be able to evaluate our effectiveness and impact, take time to refuel and cultivate a balanced approach to growth through worship, discipleship, community, stewardship and administration.
What We Do
- Restorative Justice: Supporting churches as they discern what it means to be Jesus’ church in society and how He wants to use the Church to usher in His Kingdom.
- Soul Care : Investing in the inner lives of pastors so they can thrive in their ministry context.
- Leadership Development : Helping leaders maximize their impact and effectiveness because the urgency of the mission is rising.
- Evangelism & Church Multiplication : Equipping and empowering churches and leaders to impact lives and communities, becoming disciple-makers and church multipliers
For more information about the GLR and how we can serve you, email our team at email@example.com