Website Woodland Church
Position: Kids Pastor
Reports to: Executive of Ministries
Direct Reports: Residents/Interns/Student Volunteers/ Administrative Assistant
Competitive Compensation Package based on Experience and Fit: Full-Time Salaried, Benefit Eligible
Woodland Church is a growing missional church family called to Gather, Grow, and Go to see Jesus transform lives in Calhoun County and beyond. The Woodland Kids Pastor serves as the primary leader, organizer and implementer of programming and events for kids, birth through 4th grade. The right person will work collaboratively with the “Grow Department” in creating a fun and safe environment for kids to gather and develop an authentic relationship with Jesus, grow in their faith and learn the value of going to share Jesus with others. This pastoral leader will develop a strategic plan to lead the next generation in taking their next faith step in the acts of baptism, evangelism, and personal devotion to Jesus. The Kids Pastor will implement engaging programs, services and events, demonstrating effective parent communication, team recruitment, and mindful curriculum planning.
- Maintains a healthy and vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ that includes the consistent practice of the spiritual disciplines
- Maintains a reputation of unquestioned integrity
- Required to be or become a Covenant Member of Woodland Church-abiding by all the expectations inherent with that upon hire.
- Consistently seeks to help fulfill the stated mission of Woodland Church by leading other to Gather, Grow and Go to see Jesus transform lives.
- Be teachable, respectful, humble, and willing to be held accountable
- Seeks to work in collaboration with others to achieve desired goals
- Strong administrative, organizational, and computer skills
- Excellent small and large group communication skills
- A track record of being able to recruit, develop and manage leaders and volunteers
- Be a self-starter with drive, passion and initiative
- High relational capacity and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate a vision and rally individuals to see a preferred future of ministry
- Demonstrate strong leadership and ability to set and achieve goals
- Influential recruiter, trainer, and developer of volunteers.
- Organized event planner with the ability to dream of, propose, and execute events with a high level of excellence and proactive communication.
- A proven track record of effective youth leadership
- Innovative thinker
- Bachelor’s degree in Christian Leadership, Discipleship or related field preferred
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be a team player who is gracious and respectful to leadership, peers, and volunteers. Woodland seeks to embody the call from Ephesians 5 to “submit to each other out of reverence for Christ.”
- Responsible for the recruiting, oversight, scheduling and training of Woodland Kids leaders. Forming a strong roster of spiritually healthy and passionate volunteers prepared to meet the needs of the ministry and future programming.
- Research, develop and implement a biblically rich and contextually relevant curriculum plan for all of a kids life stages and kids ministry environments. Resulting in a generation that has an understanding of who Jesus is and who they are in Him!
- Plan and implement fun and engaging family friendly events with the purpose of creating onramps for new kids and families to enter the ministry and church community.
- Program and lead a midweek discipleship program (Awana) in correlation with our Groups ministry (Three 7 week semesters a year)
- Evaluate weekend gatherings and kids programming and provide helpful feedback to team members and volunteers for their coaching and development.
- Develop and maintain an active childcare team that meets the needs of the events within the church.
- Cast vision for kids ministry expression and future expansion, being a proactive dreamer, strategizer and implementer developing a ministry structure that is progressive, sustainable and unified with the mission and vision of Woodland Church.
- Create excellent, safe and fun environments in Kids Ministry areas, including set designs, common area design, and room furniture, toys and media elements.
- Participation in house calls, hospital visits, baptisms, dedications, weddings, funerals, and all other pastoral care duties.
- Fulfill administrative requirements including weekly calendar and submit reports as requested, end of year reports, credit card reconciliation and others.
- Attend staff meetings, department meetings, and retreats as determined by the Executive Leadership team.
- Participate in worship services and events by preaching/hosting/strategic vision casting as needed.
- Be accessible to congregation before and after worship services
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive of Ministry and Lead Pastor
To apply for this job please visit woodlandchurch.bamboohr.com.