Website Greenville Community Church
Greenville Community Church is prayerfully seeking a full-time Senior Pastor to work with our dedicated leaders, fully committed staff, and volunteers to bring us to the next level as we reach out to people in the Greenville community.
Interested candidates are encouraged to explore and review all that Greenville Community Church is now and what we are anticipating for God to do through our church in the next 3 – 5 years. Church Profile
Greenville Community Church is in the Wesleyan denomination and has a thriving congregation with an average weekly attendance of 550. Our church was founded as a church plant by Dr. Wayne Otto back in September of 1994.
We have added a second church campus that is fully integrated into our mission and vision. Crystal Lake community church is led by its own campus Pastor and many dedicated volunteers.
The congregation of Greenville Community Church have always followed the teachings of God in tithing. Over the past three years, the church has given more than $60,000 for missions and paid off more than $600,000 in property debt putting GCC on a path to being debt free.
Greenville Community Church is fueled by the mission statement: “Building Hope, Changing Lives.” GCC is not a church that needs “fixing”, rather it is poised to go to the next level and desires to call a Senior Pastor who will inspire and mobilize the church to achieve even greater effectiveness in the future.
Desired Personal Qualities:
- Ongoing commitment to the pursuit of personal holiness, prayer, discernment, accountability, and the study of scripture; with a strong emphasis on cultivating those same qualities within the congregation.
- Uncompromised biblical preaching and teaching of the Word with a passion for truth; and the ability to discern false doctrine and extra-biblical/unbiblical teachings.
- Gifted communicator with strong leadership, administrative, and organizational skills. Ability to maintain a balance between family life and pastoral duties by equipping lay leaders and volunteers to manage delegated responsibilities.
- Dedication to the development of relationships within the congregation and local community which promote the unity of believers, hope for the burdened, and evangelism of the lost.
- Ordained or eligible to be ordained in The Wesleyan Church.
- 5+ years of ministry experience. Prior experience as senior/lead pastor preferred.
- Experience teaching discipleship classes, scripturally based bible study skills, and apologetics.
- Masters degree in ministry or related field.
- Provide leadership development and serve as Chair of the LBA.
- Preach and teach for the personal and spiritual growth of our congregation.
- Lead the discipleship, evangelism, and outreach mission of the church.
- Administer the sacraments of baptism and the Lord’s Supper, as well as other duties and powers as outlined in the Discipline of the Wesleyan Church.
- Shepherd congregation and shut-ins in times of trials, illness, and loss.
If you sense God might be calling you to be the Senior Pastor of Greenville Community Church, please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include links to preaching examples and at least three references. Confidential inquiries are welcome.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com