Website Encounter Church
We are seeking an experienced Worship Pastor who is passionate about leading people into the presence of God through worship. Who genuinely seeks the leading of the Holy Spirit and wants to be a part of a dynamic team and growing church.
- Undergraduate or graduate theological education is desired.
- Pastoral experience in a mid-sized or large church setting.
Ministry expectations and responsibilities
- Work with the technical director and lead pastor to help plan a creative, engaging, and Spirit-led service each week.
- Recruit, train, equip, and empower new and current worship team members.
- Recruit, train, equip, and empower interns and those with the potential to serve as worship leaders at Encounter or elsewhere.
- Create a family culture within the worship team. The team should encourage, disciple, and care for one another and reflect the values that make us Encounter.
- Demonstrate strong musical gifting in vocal performance, instrumental skillset, and music theory.
- Schedule worship team members for all Sunday morning services and other church activities that involve worship.
- Develop, propose, and oversee the worship ministry annual budget.
Church family expectations:
- Live a life fully devoted to Jesus.
- Consistently be in God’s Word.
- Consistently set aside time of prayer.
- Commit your time, talent and treasures to God (tithe, take a day off, serve your family and others).
- Commit to being a part of a ministry team. Although you are responsible for your specific area of ministry, it is important to understand that it is just one piece in a bigger part. We are one church family, with one mission and one team. You are expected to work with other ministry team members to build a stronger, more Christ-like church, and fulfill the church mission.
- Do things with excellence. The way we plan events, present material, organize, decorate our spaces, and take care of our things says something about us and Jesus.
- Attend and participate in all team meetings and activities and be an active part of the church family. Be in a Missional Community Group.
- We value leadership development at Encounter and encourage all our staff to meet with mentors in their field.
- We strive to do ministries to the best of our ability because we understand what is at stake.
- The staff participates in leadership lessons, books studies, prayer, service projects, and on a consistent basis shares a meal together during work hours.
- While you are here at Encounter, we want to continue to help you be the person that God has destined you to be.
- Negotiable based on experience, education. Encounter Church offers a competitive salary and benefits (healthcare, pension etc.).
Individuals should submit the following to be considered.
- Cover letter
- Video of you leading worship.
Please email application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com