Website The Story Church
Position: The Story Church Worship Pastor
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Direct Reports: None
Objective: To lead and bring the congregation into a worshipful experience of our Lord Jesus through the arts.
Spiritual Gifts Needed: Serving; Leadership; Encouraging; Exhorting; Shepherding Part Time: 20 hours per week, not benefit eligible
The Story Worship Pastor will primarily be responsible for the musical and programming element of corporate worship at Story Church. In this role, The Story Worship Pastor will work in conjunction with other Zero Collective worship pastors and Worship & Creative Arts Pastor of The Zero Collective (a network of similar churches) in carrying out the vision of The Zero Collective from a worship perspective at The Story Church.
- Maintains a healthy and vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- Maintains a reputation of unquestioned integrity
- Be a member of The Zero Collective-abiding by all the expectations inherent with that
- Consistently seeks to help fulfill the stated mission of The Story Church and the Zero Collective of seeing zero people unchanged by Jesus Christ
- Be teachable, respectful, humble and willing to be held accountable
- Seeks to work in collaboration with others to achieve desired goals
- Strong depth of knowledge and experience in worship music and leading congregations
- An understanding of technology as it relates to church sound and media
- Able to recruit and manage musicians, vocalists, and technical volunteers
- Be a self-starter with drive, passion and initiative
- Excellent relational skills
- Ability to communicate a vision and rally individuals to see a preferred future of ministry
- Demonstrate strong leadership and ability to set and achieve goals
- Detail oriented in their work
- Communicates well from stage as well in a small group setting
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement, demonstrate and achieve Story’s mission and philosophy of ministry as it relates to worship and the arts.
- Directly lead worship at The Story at least 75% of the scheduled worship services.
- Schedule worship leaders, musicians, vocalists, and technical volunteers for worship services, whether leading or not.
- Recruit, audition, and schedule musicians, vocalists and technical volunteers, as well as identify and raise up anointed worship leaders at The Story.
- Schedule and lead structured rehearsals at The Story Church that are executed effectively and efficiently producing established measures of quality in music and sound mixing.
- Utilize the scheduling software, Planning Center Online, to schedule musicians, vocalists and technical volunteers. Scheduling is to be three to four weeks in advance of any worship service/event.
- In conjunction with The Zero Collective Worship Pastor, consistently evaluate and report on the quality of the worship services and provide insight to ensure excellence of the worship experience.
- Consistently evaluate the Worship & Arts equipment and technology needs at The Story Church and purchase new equipment when needed through guidance of the Lead Pastor.
- Provide insight for stage design, use of props, and overall visual enhancement of the worship space.
- In conjunction with the Lead Pastor help budget for the Worship Arts department each fiscal year.
- Maintain fiscal responsibility as it relates to the The Story Worship Arts budget.
- Participate and attend Zero Collective services and special events including team meetings, outings, retreats, and all staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor of The Story Church.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org