Healthy pastors lead healthy churches and healthy churches change the world!
The GLR partners with Full Strength Network to provide soul care for pastors through PastorWell Accounts
PastorWell accounts are provided for all lead pastors appointed to a GLR church. Churches are encouraged to provide a PastorWell account for their staff. If you would like a PastorWell account, have forgotten your login, or have any questions, please contact us (email@example.com).
PastorWell Accounts for 2020-2021 expire September 30, 2021
A PASTOR WELL ACCOUNT PROVIDES
• WISDOM CONSULT – Submit leadership and wellbeing questions for a coach, advisor or counselor to respond.
• MINDFULNESS HELP – A mindfulness app to help you keep a pulse on your wellbeing state, and help you obtain care when you need it.
• WEALTH OF WELLBEING CONTENT – “At Full Strength” book provided, mini-courses, videos, articles, newsletter, etc.
• RESPITE REFERRALS – Referral to a respite venue network partner where you can retreat at a location that is welcoming of pastors and families.
• PERSONALITY ASSESSMENT – Can receive a Livstyle for Ministry personality assessment – a valuable tool to help you understand how you work, lead and relate to those around you.
• FINANCIAL COACHING REFERRAL -Trained financial coaches will help you with effective management of household budgets and long-range retirement planning
• PEER HUDDLE – Enroll to be included in peer groups meeting regularly for concerns, prayer, and encouragement, moderated by approved leaders for the first 3 months, then a peer huddle leader is appointed.
• COUNSELING / COACHING – Priority access to 8 confidential coaching or counseling sessions per year with a professional who is vetted to work with a pastor or his/her family. Also, for the family unit, which includes children ages 13-17, 16 total sessions are available (this includes the 8 individual sessions).
thrive financial initiative
Check out this video from John & Danielle Freed about their experience with Thrive Financial Initiative. Thrive is a financial discipleship program that includes options for a matching grant to help address financial needs of pastors. For more info check out this summary sheet from the GLR or visit: https://resources.wesleyan.org/tfi
COACHING PROVIDED BY THE REGION
Coaching is available for pastors and other church leaders through the Great Lakes Region. For more information about coaching or if you’re interested in having a coach, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We care deeply about the long-term care of your soul. Ministry is not a sprint; it is a marathon. Those who complete it well are the ones who come to the end of their paid ministry career with a well-developed soul and a passionate commitment to ongoing personal leadership development. I am convinced, given the demands on pastors in today’s culture that the only way to reach the ministry “finish line” with those two priorities being lived out in our lives is to have taken well-thought out, well-designed, and well-timed sabbaticals along the way.